Rest day

The past few days have been pretty busy so I decide to take it easy today and do nothing in particular. Sleep late, wander around Cusco, eat, drink, look into some trips for the upcoming week.

Typical breakfast at the hostel. Once in awhile they might make an egg or a pancake to go with it. The rolls are standard Peruvian bread; they bake them in sizes ranging from 3 inches to 2 feet.


The room at Recoleta. I had only booked 3 nights as I wasn't sure how it would work out, but everything here has been great so I book my remaining days in Cusco here.


Heading to the city center to look around.



In the middle of Cusco are some preserved Inca ruins complete with grazing alpacas.



Looking around for dinner, I found one restaurant featuring the national favorite dish of cuy (guinea pig). I decide to keep looking and eventually end up at the Inka Grill where I have a good pizza with alpaca chorizo.


I sign up for a bus tour of the Sacred Valley tomorrow and Javier at Recoleta is calling a couple of motorcycle rental places to see if I can get a motorcycle for later in the week.