Another Rest Day

I was going to do something more ambitious today but I figure I'll rest up for the Inca Trail tomorrow. Today is another day wandering around Cusco looking for things to eat and drink.

Plaza de Armas again,


The plaza is full of policia but not much is going on today.


First Christmas tree, in the market district


The gate to Plaza San Francisco


In the San Pedro market. This place is amazing, every kind of food or commodity imaginable. Plus everything is amazingly cheap since it's outside of the tourist section of Cusco.


In the bean section, one stall of many


There is also a restaurant section. Each type of food has its own long counter with many vendors cooking up fresh dishes. This is the lomo saltado section.


Preparing a dish of lomo saltado


One of the general grocery booths


The juice section occupied three rows of booths. Each one has fruit piled up in front of the juicer; just pick your combination of fruit and they chop it up, throw in in the juicer and pour it in a glass.


A fresh glass of pineapple and orange juice.


Exterior of the market. It's about a block square with a plaza in front.


Heading back to Recoleta



Packing for the Inca Trail tomorrow. I skipped the tour option for a porter to carry my personal items so I need to fit everything I need for 4 days into my day pack. I did shop at REI before leaving for a new high speed North Face day pack but none of them were really any better than my trusty giveaway IBM pack so I'm going with that. This is pretty much it right here. My sleeping bag takes up a lot of space but everything squeezes in there.